Security & Safety at BitWallet
BitWallet was built from the ground up with security as top priority. The result is a feature-packed, fast and secure environment to use and store bitcoins.
Offline Bitcoin Storage & Backups
- Up to 98% of customer bitcoins are stored securely offline to prevent against theft or loss.
- Encrypted and secured backups distributed geographically.
- Vaults are offline, encrypted and in cold storage. 100% secure to store large amounts of bitcoins.
- Wallets & private keys are dual encrypted.
2-Step Verification + PIN Lock
- 2-Factor Auth: After logging in, enter mobile phone code to access account. This adds an extra layer of security in case credentials are stolen.
- 4-Digit PIN: Encrypts and locks down your wallet, preventing wallet transactions in case someone gains access to your account.
- Fully encrypted authentication system.
Bitcoin Trading Platform
- Escrow process locks the bitcoins until trade transaction is complete.
- When trading, bitcoins are held in escrow to secure both the buyer and seller.
- In case of any issues, BitWallet support resolves the dispute cases.
- Reputation score is displayed next to trader username.
- View public feedback, trader profiles and past activity.
- BitWallet's reputation system helps you find established traders.
Support & dispute resolution
- BitWallet team will resolve trade disputes in case a problem emerges between seller & buyer.
- Disputes are usually handled within 24 hours.
Cloud Infrastructure & Application
- BitWallet runs on privately owned hardware running in a Tier1 secure data center with 24 hour security.
- Network and application security (protection against CSRF, XSS, DDOS and more).
- Redundant systems & backups.
- Encrypted communications throughout the BitWallet cloud insfrastructure.
- Quality hardware and networks, providing you with blazing fast bitcoin operations.